Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently-Asked Questions About El Camino Women’s Medical Group in Mountain View CA

Here are answers to the most commonly-asked questions by our patients. If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to call us at (650) 396-8110 or send an email to moc.n1721480404emowo1721480404nimac1721480404le@of1721480404ni1721480404.

How can I get my records from my previous doctor transferred to your practice?

Please contact your previous doctor’s office and request that they fax your records to our office at 650-336-7359. You can download release forms here.

How do I transfer my records from your office to another doctor?

Please complete the release of information form to the patient or other provider located on this page.

What forms of payment do you accept from patients without insurance?

We accept cash, credit card payments, and checks.

Who do I contact for billing questions?

Please check our billing inquiries page for general information.  For any further questions, please contact our billing department at moc.n1721480404emowo1721480404nimac1721480404le@gn1721480404illib1721480404.

Which doctor will deliver my baby?

Drs. Azad, Balassiano, Gupta, and Teng share hospital responsibilities. As an obstetric patient, you will have at least one appointment with each doctor during your pregnancy, and we take great pride in knowing our patients well. Hospital responsibilities are equally shared by all doctors. There is a hospitalist program at El Camino Hospital, Mountain View.  Should there be an emergency or unexpectedly rapid delivery, the physician on labor and delivery duty at that time may step in to help.

What if I need to file for short-term disability?

We encourage you to speak with your employer’s human resources department about your benefits package. To file for disability benefits with the state of California (EDD), you should fill out the form online at

After submitting your form, you will see a receipt number. Please copy this receipt number and email moc.n1721480404emowo1721480404nimac1721480404le@of1721480404ni1721480404. In the email, please provide your full name, date of birth, and the receipt number.

You should be able to submit the form after the first day of your disability but no later than 49 days from the beginning of your claim. Please note that the guidelines and procedures for the state are often different than disability insurance policies that you may have through your employer. We are happy to work with you to complete all necessary paperwork. Please direct questions regarding your disability to our medical assistants.

What is the “paid family leave” I keep hearing about?

In the summer of 2004, the state of California began offering six weeks of paid family leave for “baby bonding,” in addition to any disability leave you may be eligible for. The claim form for paid family leave (PFL) will be mailed to you by California’s Employment Development Department (EDD) once your disability benefits have expired.

Please note that we do NOT need to fill out the doctor’s certificate on this claim form, as you do not need medical authorization to take baby bonding time. Should your spouse or partner wish to take PFL, he or she may request this form online from the California EDD.

When should I (or my daughter) have my first GYN exam?

Young women should come in for a first appointment with a gynecologist around the time they first begin menstruating. This initial appointment does not involve a pelvic exam.  However, it can be very helpful for young women to be introduced to women’s health care, have their age-appropriate issues brought up, discussed, and to establish a trusting relationship between a teen and her gynecologist.  If there are no other issues, the next visit can be delayed until sexual activity or age 21.

Can I have a Pap smear if I have my period?

Yes, if you have a light flow, you can still have your Pap smear.

Where do El Camino Women’s Medical Group physicians deliver?

We deliver at El Camino Hospital in Mountain View.

What do I do if I have a question or concern after hours?

Call our main number at (650) 396-8110. If you have an urgent issue, you may press 0 and ask the operator on call to page the doctor.  Your call will be returned within 20 minutes.  Please call 911 for any medical emergency.

Which insurances do you accept?

Aetna – HMO*, POS, EPO, PPO, USAccess

Blue Cross -HMO*, POS, EPO, PPO, Covered CA plans, Pers Select Basic, Pers Select Choice

Blue Shield – HMO*, POS, PCIP, EPO, PPO

Cigna/Great-West – HMO*, Open Access, POS, EPO, PPO

Health Net – HMO*, POS, EPO, PPO, Covered CA plans

PacifiCare – HMO*, POS

United Health Care – HMO*, POS, EPO, PPO

Other PPO Plans

  • Amera-net, Assurance Health, BCE Emergis (PPO and EPO), Beech Street, CCN, Choice Care, Corvel, First Health, Galaxy Health Network, Health Plan, Humana, InterPlan, Moda Health, MultiPlan, Pacificare, Health Alliance, Nippon Life Insurance, Oxford Health Plan, PFMC, PHCS, Private Health Care Systems, PPO Next, SaaGii, Starmark, UMR, UniCare, Western Growers Assurance Trust

*Please note that we can only see patients with HMO plans that are affiliated with the Physicians Medical Group of San Jose.

You can also send specific questions to our billing department at moc.n1721480404emowo1721480404nimac1721480404le@gn1721480404illib1721480404.

What is your prescription policy?

Prescriptions should be filled at your office visits.  If you need a refill, please request it through the patient portal or during office hours, and it will be reviewed by your physician.  We deal with urgent prescription requests needed after hours on a case-by-case basis.

pop up imaging stating that ECWMG is not accepting new patients starting 3/1 and you can ask to be put on a wait list.