- Pre-pregnancy counseling
- Prenatal care
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Prenatal screening for fetal genetic syndromes
- Obstetric ultrasound
- External cephalic version (for breech babies before delivery)
- In-office non-stress tests (NST)
- Mother-centered labor and delivery
- Trial of labor after cesarean (VBAC or TOLAC)
- Cesarean section when necessary
- Elective cesarean section with counseling
- Postpartum care
- Care for ectopic pregnancies & miscarriages
For women who desire a vaginal delivery, our office has a 10% cesarean section rate, well below the national average of 30%. Cesarean sections, when necessary, are an important part of obstetric practice, often preserving maternal and infant health, and sometimes saving lives. However, if a vaginal delivery is possible and safe for both mother and baby, our doctors support our patients and choose interventions and practices to that end.
Starting January 21, 2015, El Camino Hospital has started an OB hospitalist program. There is an Obstetrician on Labor & Delivery 24 hours a day. This has allowed us to now offer VBAC services. Our practice physicians (Drs. Azad, Balassiano, Gupta and Teng) are still on call for all deliveries, including VBACs, however, in the case of an emergency, the hospitalist is present on site. If this is something you are interested in, please discuss it with your doctor at your next visit.