Pregnancy is a great time to indulge in the benefits of massage. In experienced hands, massage is not just a luxury but helps your body comfortably adjust to all the changes that result from pregnancy.
Benefits of prenatal massage include:
- Relieving lower back pain
- Relieving the strain on your shoulders, abdomen, hips and lower back
- Reducing swelling in the hands, legs and feet
- Relieving pain in your legs from varicose veins
- Improving flexibility in your muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints
- Creating a sense of calmness and well-being
- Improving sleep quality
- Increasing circulation throughout your body
- Improving lymphatic circulation, giving you more energy and less congestion and fatigue
- Helping you prepare for an easier delivery
- Massage promotes self-care, self-awareness, and self-love at a stressful time
Sadly, our long time, highly recommended massage therapist, Rena Alissa, is retiring at the end of 2015. After an amazing career bringing great joy to many of our patients, we wish her the best in her retirement.
She has named Lindsay MacInnis as her replacement. Located in Los Gatos, Ms. MacInnis has a special focus on massage in pregnancy and in the postpartum. Rena auditioned several CMTs and has given The Mommy Spa her highly regarded personal and professional recommendations.
We’re also fortunate to have discovered Cara Scwartz, conveniently located in Cupertino, who also has immense experience in massage in general as well as specifically in pregnancy.
Violet Johnson, PhD is an amazing resource in Willow Glen. Director of Violet J Spa and Wellness, Dr. Johnson is trained as a nurse, midwife and has her PhD in psychology. At Violet J Spa and Wellness, there is a culmination of her skills and extensive travel and exposure to massage and wellness techniques globally in her work, creating an amazing set of services to help you achieve wellness both physically and mentally.