Sarah Azad, MD has dedicated herself to providing women not only with quality medical care but also to ensuring their comfort during care and treatment. Dr. Azad strongly believes in open, honest, and frank communication with her patients, and understands that patients play a prime role in their own healthcare. To those ends, she is committed to explaining medical situations in a straightforward manner and offering expert advice and guidance.
Dr. Azad was inspired in her career choice by her mother, Arifa Azad, MD. Dr. Arifa Azad served as both her mentor and an excellent example of a committed, caring physician.
Dr. Sarah Azad attended medical school at the Saint Louis University School of Medicine, where she delivered her first baby. It was not long until Dr. Azad also participated in gynecologic surgery. She then completed a residency at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and received training in advanced gynecological surgical techniques. In July of 2009, she established a private practice at El Camino Hospital in Mountain View CA.
Dr. Azad has a special interest in infertility issues and treatments, PCOS, weight loss and wellness, as well as cultural sensitivity training for healthcare providers.
To stay up-to-date and share information on the latest advances in obstetrics and gynecology, Dr. Azad maintains membership in the following professional organizations:
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Medical Women’s Association
- California Medical Association
- North American Menopause Society
- Santa Clara Medical Association
Dr. Azad is honored to have received the following awards and recognitions:
- May 2008 Outstanding Research Award, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- April 2008 The Gold Foundation Humanism & Excellence in Teaching Award, Stanford University
- May 2004 Rodney M. Coe, MD with Distinction in Community Service Award, St. Louis University School of Medicine
- June 2003 Shocklee Interfaith Social Justice Award Interfaith Partnership of St. Louis, Missouri
English, Medical Spanish, Arabic (Modern Standard), Farsi (Afghan dialect)
California law requires disclosure of the following information:
HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER INFORMATION
Name and license: Sarah Azad, CA 93504
Highest level of academic degree: Medical Doctor (MD)
Board certification: BOARD CERTIFIED (American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Hospital affiliations: El Camino Hospital, Mountain View, California