El Camino Hospital Mountain View is located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Consistently ranked as one of the leading hospitals in the area, we are distinguished by our high-caliber staff and affiliated physicians, our comprehensive and innovative services, and a long history of community service. And as we claim the title of ʺThe Hospital of Silicon Valley,ʺ we strive to take advantage of the latest, proven healthcare technologies to better care for the people we serve. In November 2009, we opened our new, state-of-the-art hospital building innovative design, which allows us to pioneer new approaches to patient comfort, safety, and convenience. Constructed over a four-year period, the new building was completed on time and on budget, and it was one of the first new hospital in California to meet stringent requirements for seismic safety.
To pre-register for admission to El Camino Hospital, click here.
El Camino Hospital-Mountain View is home to the first “Women’s Hospital” in Northern California. It offers access to specialists who are renowned leaders in women’s health locally, regionally and even internationally. The El Camino community of physicians include experts who are responsible for pioneering significant advancements in many areas, including cardiac care, minimally invasive surgery for women’s issues of all kinds, fertility surgery and treatment, medical genomics, and care for complex urologic, gynecologic and breast cancers.
The community of physicians and nurses work tirelessly to treat women well–in every sense of the word. Having complimented our commitment to excellent patient care with the most up to date technology, El Camino is able to provide a seamless, comprehensive and coordinated continuum of care for our female patients of all ages.
El Camino also has ongoing community education events, including Women’s Health Events.
El Camino Hospital’s birthing facilities in Mountain View offers a welcoming and comfortable environment in which to have your baby. With more than 4,000 births a year, our hospital provides a safe and joyous beginning for many families in our area.
Our hospital offers all of the services you need in one place and the specially trained nursing staff works with us to provide you and your baby the quality care you deserve. If you have a specific birth plan that reflects your individual needs and personal or cultural preferences, our nurses will work with you to support that plan.
El Camino Hospital, Mountain View offer the following services:
- Anesthesiologists available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Neonatologists available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU), equipped with the latest in medical technology to treat premature and critically ill newborns.
- Breastfeeding education and support from Lactation Consultants certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE)
- A Labor & Delivery unit equip with private birthing suites and foldout beds for birth partners, Mother-Baby Units with bassinets, natural light and garden courtyard views, and a Nursery to allow you time to rest and recover upon your request (visit our Online Maternity Tours to preview our facilities)
- Safety and security for you and your newborn, including doors that are locked and alarmed, security cameras that monitor public areas and ID bands for mom and baby, as well as a third person
- On-line baby portraits with First Day Photo
- Maternal Child Education departments, which provide birth preparation and parenting Classes & Support Groups for expecting parents
- Maternity Stores, which carry breast pumps and accessories for rental or purchase, gifts and supplies for mothers and babies
- Maternity Brochures and Breastfeeding Education & Resources, including a sample birth plan and other important health information for you and your baby
- Maternal Outreach Mood Services for expectant and new mothers adjusting to the birth of a baby
- A Prenatal Diagnostic Center for mothers with special pregnancy needs (in conjunction with the Johnson Center for Pregnancy & Newborns at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital).
Expectant mothers should visit the Maternity Admissions page for information on how to make the admission process as smooth and easy as possible. To pre-register for admission to El Camino Hospital, click here for patient new to El Camino Hospital. If you already have a MyCare chart with El Camino, click here.