Director of Breast Imaging & Intervention at El Camino Hospital
What an exciting time in breast health! With the latest technology in cancer detection, we are finding breast cancer at earlier stages resulting in improved outcomes for our patients. Did you know that the 5 year survival rate for stage 1 breast cancer is 100%? Screening mammograms help to detect early stage breast cancer while it is easier to treat resulting in excellent outcomes for women.
3D mammography (also known as tomosynthesis) offers significantly improved breast cancer detection rate and decreased call back rates compared to standard 2D mammograms. When used in addition to mammography, whole breast screening ultrasound (ABUS) can also improve breast cancer detection in women with dense breasts.
We offer the latest technology for breast cancer detection at El Camino Hospital Breast Health Center along with many other patient centered benefits:
– 3D mammography/tomosynthesis (available to all patients in December 2016)
– Whole breast screening ultrasound (ABUS) with latest GE technology
– Screening & Diagnostic breast MRI with dedicated breast coil and 3Tesla magnet
– Image guided biopsy (including tomosynthesis, stereotactic, ultrasound and MRI guided biopsies)
– Needle localization prior to surgery
– DEXA (bone density evaluation)
– Same or next business day telephoned results
– Free mammogram program benefiting those who are eligible
– Second opinion evaluations by expert fellowship trained breast imager
– Multi-lingual staff including Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Filipino speaking staff members.
– Partnership with the El Camino Cancer Center and programs.
– Complimentary transfer of previous mammograms & records from other facilities
– Free valet parking
Why choose El Camino Breast Health Center?
– Comprehensive, up-to-date breast imaging & care from start to finish
– Patient centered approach in a soothing & calm environment
– Warm, compassionate and knowledgeable staff who are focused on quality
– Recognized as a Breast Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
To schedule your mammogram or breast imaging test, please obtain an order from your doctor and call (650) 940 7050, option #2. Transfer of records may be arranged at the time of appointment scheduling.